A computer network refers to an interconnected group of computers. Computer Networks are classified on the basis of various factors like scale, connection method, network relationships and protocol.
The most common types of computer networks are
- Personal Area Network (PAN)
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- Campus Area Network (CAN)
- Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Global Area Network (GAN)
With the boom of technology and e-commerce, most businesses today are driven by the internet. Not only that, multi-national corporations keep their many office linked via the internet, so if the office in Phoenix has an internet failure, the lost connection will affect every office across the globe.
A whole package of computer networking solutions complete with routine maintenance, regular updates, upgrades and support can help an organization ensure that its investment is well protected and that it can survive and thrive.
- Updating and upgrading software – This helps in ensuring the longevity and integrity of the online portion of your business. By installing regular software updates, you can ensure that you have the newest, safest and most efficient software for your organization’s needs.
- Security - This helps in protecting your computers and networks from viruses and spy ware. Installing an effective virus protection software program in your system can ensure the longevity of your computer network by helping to keep it free from dangerous viruses that can threaten your information and software. Moreover the spy ware prevention software can also help keep unwanted hackers out of your systems to ensure that your sensitive information is kept secure.
- Emergency Support - Sometimes, even if we take every precaution, a problem arises. It is important to have reliable, effective support right when you need it. This will minimize any damage and facilitate whatever changes need to take place..